When it comes to stock market losses, we at Oakmont generally follow one golden rule: don’t panic. Even USA Today says the market correction we had at the beginning of the year is no big deal. Still, it is human nature to feel rattled when the markets take a plunge.
On this new episode of the Retirement Solutions Show, we share the advice we give clients who are worried about their portfolios and how to know when it’s time to take action.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- [3:17] How can you worry less about stock market losses? We share the advice we give clients who are nervous about their portfolios. Having a purpose for your money and knowing how your accounts will act in certain market conditions is key.
- [8:02] How fear-based news outlets can negatively affect your portfolio
- [12:18] How to ensure your numbers make sense before you walk away from the workforce
- [19:28] Advice for self-investors & when a self-investor might consider seeking the help of a financial advisor
- [24:02] We dispell common myths about estate planning and explain the difference between wills, trusts, and beneficiary designations.
- [30:38] Tips for reducing taxes on your Social Security benefits
- [36:22] How much income will you need to live the lifestyle you want in retirement? We share how to turn your savings into an income generation plan.
- [41:00] How downsizing or relocating could impact your retirement savings